Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Christmas Gift Idea - Gemstone Trees



It's December, the busiest month of the year! It's time for Christmas shopping, malls are too crowded and here in Manila, there are traffic jams everywhere. I haven't done my shopping yet, I know it's already a bit late but it's still not on my schedule, but hey, I always love my last-minute runs to the mall. 

I know I should be blogging about DIY gift ideas or holiday ornaments but I'm too swamped with craft projects as of the moment and I'm forgetting to take pictures and document what I'm working on. Right now, I'm pretty busy with making our Christmas giveaways. My mom, like me, also makes her own gifts for her friends. This year, she's making gemstone trees and she has kindly shared her projects with us.



This is a tutorial for making hanging cherry blossoms. Of course you can have your own choice of style and gemstones to make your own version and this will be a good guide for that masterpiece you're planning to create.

Supplies needed:





Instructions:


The cherry quartz stones are the ones used here first.




On step 4, make several groups of stones depending on the length of the branch you want to make but it's recommended to make it an odd number so you would have a center. On this project, as shown above, there are 13 groups so there is one group as the center and 6 groups on either side. 

















It is recommended to make it tight so your branches wouldn't be soft and squishy.




And the hanging cherry blossoms tree is done. This would make a great gift, don't you think? 





My mom made several other gemstone trees. These are done using the same process as the tutorial above with maybe just a few tweaks here and there depending on the design. My favorites are the purple ones that are mounted on natural amethyst rocks, they're simply gorgeous. 

Are you ready to make your own gemstone tree? 

Thank you for dropping by!




4 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...